cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAXIFY MB2320 support code 5200

mike112346
Apprentice

I have a MAXIFY MB2320 Printer that is giving me a Support Code of 5200, what do I have to do, so I can use my printer

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi mike112346,

The 5200 code is a general hardware error. I recommend performing a reset of the printer. While the printer is on, unplug the power cord from the printer and let it sit for 60 seconds. While the power is off, press the power button 5 times. After 60 seconds plug the power cord back in and power on the printer. 

If the error does not clear after the reset, the printer will need service. If you printer is still in warranty(1 year from purchase date) and you have a copy of the paper or online receipt, contact support at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM EST.

If the printer is out of warranty, you qualify for the Canon Upgrade Program.

This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. Free ground shipping is included with your purchase.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 seven days a week, 8 AM to midnight EST. Let them know you have been working with technical support and that the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi mike112346,

The 5200 code is a general hardware error. I recommend performing a reset of the printer. While the printer is on, unplug the power cord from the printer and let it sit for 60 seconds. While the power is off, press the power button 5 times. After 60 seconds plug the power cord back in and power on the printer. 

If the error does not clear after the reset, the printer will need service. If you printer is still in warranty(1 year from purchase date) and you have a copy of the paper or online receipt, contact support at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM EST.

If the printer is out of warranty, you qualify for the Canon Upgrade Program.

This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. Free ground shipping is included with your purchase.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 seven days a week, 8 AM to midnight EST. Let them know you have been working with technical support and that the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

I also have a M2320 that began to give Error 5200 this morning.

I followed your directions to unplug, press power button and restart.

The printer restarts OK, but returns to Error 5200 as soon as I try to print a single page....

Darpan
Apprentice
Hi
Thanks Canon Support. for fast answer. I BOUGHT THIS PRINTER JUST OVER A YEAR AGO So I don"t think I have any warranty left .Hardily even used it. But now this problem with printer. I have been using Canon printers from last 30 years and wont use any other brand and never had any issue with any. But I think there is something relay manufactures defect that 5200 code is coming on and there is no fix for it. You are saying this nice printer is now GARBAGE. I just bought 2 new sets of Canon ALL COLOR ink to see if the cartage are not defective. What a wast of money.

Cemontoya
Apprentice

Hi I’m getting error code 5200 out of no where. My printer was working just fine. I think this came as the result of a recent software update because there is nothing wrong with my printer. I have a bunch of ink that I didn’t get to use because of this. 

in my opinión Canon did this on purpose to get people to buy new Es printers. They don’t even try to help you they just want you to buy a new printer. This is pretty upsetting because I paid $200 for my printer and all of a sudden it stops working.

b_parky
Apprentice

I have an M3000 that I just updated the drivers for; I loaded the new windows 11 drivers. Once the drivers were updated I Tried to do a deep clean on the print heads and after a few seconds, I get the 5200 support error. I tried the steps listed above to restart the printer but to no avail. Any ideas? The printer is a bit over a year old but I have only gone through half a tank of ink with it. 

b_parky
Apprentice

The printer allowed me to print a test page but when I tried to do a deep clean I got error 5200 again. So, I did the restart again and it allowed me to print a document I was working on and allowed a system clean. it may just be an issue with deep clean

Announcements