cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAXIFY MB2120 Trouble Using Scan to Email

sehiser
Apprentice

I've removed my message and am replacing it with the solution.

Original Issue: Scan to Email from main menu does not work even when setup correctly. Found Cause: This solution does not support the TLS v.1.2 security protocol. It only works with older email servers, i.e. pre-2018.

Updated Solution: Use the cloud services. There is a scan to email function there which does work. I do not know if you can save an address book of email addresses through.

Also, unrelated, make sure you try all the different Canon software and Apps. There are some pretty cool ones out there that work pretty well.

2 REPLIES 2

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Give Canon a call at 1-800-OK-CANON

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

TLS v1.2 is not supported in the primary menu scan to email.

But, I found the cloud services does work using a service provided by Canon.

We decided to keep the printer. We did find an Epson does what we need for email and was MUCH easier to setup to the point I think my family could do it. The Canon is a bit more technical and involved to setup. However, the final decision came down to the image quality being better, along with faster scanning.

The print quality of the Epson was actually pretty bad. It was the ET-3850, which cost almost twice as much but has the mega tank ink. The normal printing even at higher DPI for text was bad. The ink put waves in the paper if there was a lot of color (none photo). The photos did not print with accurate colors.

Canon did great on printing photos. Even though the ink is more expensive, it's still more affordable than photo printing services. The only negative on this printer for photo printing is it does not do borderless. The Pixma does and I almost traded it in for one, but then we lose some of the business features I will likely use on the Maxify. (Scan to network, USB support, etc)

Announcements