cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAXIFY GX6021 Administrator Password & Hardware Reset

susannhaas
Apprentice

My printer's physical screen is stuck on Administrator and I can't get back to the home screen unless I put the password in. I tried the serial number for the default and I tried Canon but neither works. The message says that password is invalid. I probably changed it during the setup and now I don't remember it.

Can I do a hard reset the password to the default? If so, how do I do that? 

4 REPLIES 4

Stephen

Hi there!

Here are instructions on the admin password options for your printer: CLICK ME

susannhaas
Apprentice

Stephen, I re-read those instructions and my question is still not resolved.

I have spent hours trying to fix this and this is really frustrating. My post said that I have tried "canon" as the password AND "serial #" as the password - I probably changed that password during installation and unfortunately, I did not write it down. The screen on my printer is stuck - I don't have the correct password to get back to the home screen.

I have the Canon PRINT inkjet/selfphy on my ipad, I connected to wifi DIRECT-YoCANON GX6021 and tried to access the utilities screen but I don't have the correct password.

I have the IP address for the printer and I tried putting that into my browser and that isn't helping me either.

susannhaas
Apprentice

Re-posting because this still isn't resolved.

I have spent hours trying to fix this and this is really frustrating. I tried "canon" as the password AND "serial #" as the password - I probably changed that password during installation and unfortunately, I did not write it down. The screen on my printer is stuck - I don't have the correct password to get back to the home screen.

I have the Canon PRINT inkjet/selfphy on my ipad, I connected to wifi DIRECT-YoCANON GX6021 and tried to access the utilities screen but I don't have the correct password.

I have the IP address for the printer and I tried putting that into my browser and that isn't helping me either.

Hello Susannhaas,

If the default username and password were changed for both the operation panel/network admin and you do not remember them, it looks like the printer would need service. To see what service options are available for the printer, you can contact support over the phone at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to help. 

click here to view the gallery
Announcements