cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ImageCLASS MF4770n Scanner does not work - MacOS Ventura

Cnptdslr
Apprentice

My Canon MF4770n Scanner stopped working for unknown reason. When I click MF Toolbox on iMac, it starts but then quits right away.  When I try to scan from the printer, the printer tries to connect but after a minute it says "an error has occurred".

The only way I can get the scanner to work is by going to Applications > Canon MF Utilities folder > right click on MF Toolbox > Show Package Contents > Contents > MacOS > MF Toolbox. This opens the terminal AND MF Toolbox, and allows me to scan.  But this is quite annoying.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the scanner driver, but it does not work.

The printer functions without any issue.

Can someone please tell me how I can get the scanner to work without going through the steps I described above?

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

The issue looks like something is blocking the Mf scan utility from running or there is a system issue. In this situation, I would suggest contacting support over the phone at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to check the driver install/compatibility or see what is blocking the software. We would be happy to assist with the issue. To provide some feedback or some troubleshooting steps, we would need some additional information. If you could reply to this message with the information below, we can provide some assistance.

1. What version of the Mac OS do you have on your computer? 
  2. What security software are you using and does it scan while it is turned off?
  3. When you try to scan what code number appears when the "error has occurred" message comes up?

Hi.  I appreciate you reply.  Here is the information.

1. macOS Ventura 13.3.1.  The original macOS was Catalina.  I had no issue until a few months ago (still Catalina). I recently upgraded to Ventura, and I am still having the same issue.
  2. Norton 360. No, turning it off does not scan either.

3. There is no scan code number with the error message.

On the printer, select Scan > Computer > Select the iMac > Color Scan > then MF Tool Box on my iMac launches but closes a second later > on the printer screen, it says Scanning…, then about 10 seconds later, it displays “An error has occurred” with a “Close” button.  There is no error code.

Hello Cnptdslr,

I checked further into the issue and I was unable to locate any issues with the software that would require you to open terminal to perform scans with our software. In this situation, you can try updating your OS to see if it clears the error. If an update does not resolve the issue, you can contact support so they can check the system yo see what might be causing a problem with the software/install.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements