cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAC OS 10.14.5 and Canon MFC 642Cdw

rudowin1962
Contributor

I own this item since mid April and have thousands of horrible moments with this. The printer is connected to the same network as my MacBook. If I try to scan, an pop-up says either: scanner busy or cable not connected. One code is 600108 the other one is 210009. I removed/installed the driver 20+ times - no success. Sometimes the printer need to be turned off/on and is working for one document. This is frustrating and time consuming. I tried to set-up the scan to email - no success either. Using the MF scan utility is impossible due to an error - no available scanner found. 

Another - lesser issue is - that I'm almost unable to make any changes to settings on the little screen. Example: the screen falls asleep within seconds - ridicioulus. THi smenu is over-overloaded and timeconsumig for the customer. Not a way to keep or make somebody happy. Simple is the point.

Any helpful ideas before I put this piece of grab in the dumpster and buy another one from your competitor? 

3 REPLIES 3

Patrice
Whiz

Hi rudowin1962.

Let's start with the sleep mode of the printer. You have the option of extending the length of time that it takes for the machine to enter sleep mode, or you can specify a specific time for the machine to enter sleep mode. For instructions on performing these operations, please view the Entering Sleep Mode section of the user manual at the link below:

Entering Sleep Mode

Regarding the scanning issue, since you have already uninstalled and reinstalled the driver repeatedly, it is recommended that you call our telephone support group at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays). Our telephone support representative will be able to better isolate the issue and get the scanning function up and running faster.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hello,

first - changing the sleeper was successful and works. However, the system is now working. Let me watch it for a few days, may I have to call.

Thank you

Hello,

this scanner produced constant errors and is stealing my nerves. I'm almost unable to scan a few documents without rebooting, removing drivers and reinstalling. Looks like this equipment is not working with all kind of drivers and apps.

most errors are: 600104; 600108, 2000001

Any idea how to fix this beside tossing the scan rout of the window and go back to Brother.

Thank you

Announcements