cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LBP622Cdw driver installation can't find printer

stacig
Apprentice

I successfully connected the printer to the wireless network.  My phone can find it to airprint.  But the process of installing the driver on my Windows 10 computer isn't happening.  I've updated firmware.  I've restarted computer and printer.  Please help, and thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thank you.  I had to turn off both VPN and firewall.  It would still not complete installation of the driver, but I was able to add the printer to my computer through settings and it works, so I'm not looking the gift horse in the mouth.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Start here.

Printer and computer are connected to the same network?

Verify the printer's IP address on your wireless router.

Can you PING this address successfully from your computer/

Do you have an anti-virus software installed that might be blocking communication (detection) between the devices. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thank you.  I had to turn off both VPN and firewall.  It would still not complete installation of the driver, but I was able to add the printer to my computer through settings and it works, so I'm not looking the gift horse in the mouth.

Hi Stacig,

Glad to hear you were able to install the printer. If you need any help in the future with the drivers or software, I recommend that you call our telephone support group. Please call 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays). A representative will be able to further assist you.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements