cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LBP622C doesn't print - no error message

dpreston316
Contributor

computer says documents won't print; printer has no error message (or any sign of activity)

two weeks ago spent 2 hrs on hold to get it fixed; problem now recurring.  

last attempt to fix before i just return the item and get a printer that actually prints

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Great, thank you so much. 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

@dpreston316 wrote:

computer says documents won't print; printer has no error message (or any sign of activity)

two weeks ago spent 2 hrs on hold to get it fixed; problem now recurring.  

last attempt to fix before i just return the item and get a printer that actually prints

Greetings,

It sounds like a communication issue, but this is only a guess.  We can try to help, but you'll have to give us more infomation.  

"Computer says"...  PC, MAC...  which OS?

Printer is connected to..  What and how? (USB, Ethernet, Wireless)

"Issue was resolved 2 weeks ago"...    What was done, how was the issue resolved?

All we know is you had a problem, it got resolved, and now it has returned.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

computer: PC

wireless connection

last fix involved reinstalling drivers, and ultimately the Printer had switched its IP address.  

Greetings,

This is what I suspected.

Assign the printer a static IP address.  This is done on your router.  

Remove the printer from your system, you do not need to uninstall its software.  Now re-add the printer using its IP address. 

See my reply in this thread..  different model printer, but 100% applicable to your situation:

Re: CAnon Pixma MX922 connecting wirelessly - Canon Community

Just to be clear, the behavior your are experiencing is related to your network, not your printer.  Any wireless device using DHCP can eventually have this problem unless you use a persistent destination, or one that doesn't change.  Its easy to fix, and only needs to be done once.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

thank you - the linked explainer is very thorought - one question, how do i assign a static IP on the router? 

Greetings,

This depends on the router model.  Provide that and I will attempt to find an article or instructions for you.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

router is technicolor tc8715d

how do i find the IP address using the printer menu?

See page 63 of the routers manual:

technicolor-tc8715d-userguide.pdf (d15yx0mnc9teae.cloudfront.net)

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

Great, thank you so much. 

Announcements