cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAnon Pixma MX922 connecting wirelessly

foycur
Apprentice

Using a Windows 10x64 OS

Set up printer wirelessly on Nest Wifi wireless network when I got it last fall, worked flawlessly

Everything working beautifully, then suddenly 'lost' connection to the PC and couldn't use printer. 

Reconnected printer to Wifi network, no problems.

Went to add printer, found it and started to install it but then I have this and I can't do anything with it.

I updated the firmware on the printer, that went fine.

Ensured all appropriate drivers are installed on PC, that went fine.

Still getting this notification though.

Any suggestions?

unnamed.jpg

1 REPLY 1

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Have seen quite a few posts about this behavior (across many wireless models)

Unless there is something unique in your environment, the cause is almost always the same.  Printer is using DHCP,  Router assigns an IP to the printer, you install the printer and it works great.

After a period of inactivity, printer goes to sleep, isn't used, etc.  Router doesn't hear from the printer and believes it no longer present on the network.  Router reclaims the IP it gave to the printer and puts in back into the available pool of addresses it assigns to devices requesting connection to the network.

Now you want to print.  You send a job to the printer, the computer uses what it believes is its IP address...  but its no longer valid or has changed.  Printing fails.

If this sounds like your situation, try this.  Assign the printer a static IP.  This is done on your router.  Restart the printer, ensure its connected to your wireless network.  Verify its using the IP you assigned. 

Remove the printer from your computer.  Control Panel > Device and Printers > right-click Remove Device from the context menu.

Now above Add A Printer  > then the printer I want was't listed >   then select radio button add printer using TCP/IP address or hostname.

Now eanter the IP address you have assigned, press next and follow the remaining prompts to complete.

Now your printer has a static IP.  An address that doesn't change, and a destination (or place) that your computer or any network device can always find it. Best part, only needs too be set up once.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements