cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon LBP 6230 and connection to Mac 10.14.6

virusgal
Contributor

All was working well wirelessly and suddenly stopped.  I have reinstalled everything and set up network connection.  Light is blue and an IP address is generated.  However I cannot add this printer to my iMac.  In my trying to fix everything, I deleted the printer in System Preferences and reset it up on network.  Thene when I tried to add it to the printer list, it was not recognized.  I tried to enter the IP address to set up the printer but it fails to communicate with the computer and I can't print.  However I can connect the printer to my laptop with a USB cable and it works.  I don't know whether this is a printer problem or a computer problem and don't know what to do next.  Would appreciate any advice.  Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

virusgal
Contributor

THe network connection is very unstable.  I can set up printer using appropriate software.  Sometimes it works, sometimes not.  Yesterday wireless printing worked just fine.  Today, not.  The blue WiFi indicator light is on.  However when I reinstall the software the printer won't let me print out the utility indicating proper network connection.  The problem is not the network, as my other wireless devices work perfectly.  I don't know whether this is a printer problem and I should give up.  The printer works perfectly with a USB cable.

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello virusgal,

The issues that you are describing looks like a network communication issue or a problem with the printer's network settings. In this situation, I would suggest checking the printer's IPv4 address using the steps provided HERE. Once you have the printer's ip address, you can open a web page and enter the printer's ip address to see if you can get to the log in page for the printer. If you are unable to get to the page for the printer, it would mean there is a problem with the network connection between the Mac on the LBP6230.

In this situation, I would suggest unplugging the router from the power for 5 seconds and then plugging it back in. Once the network is back up, you can try reconnecting using the steps in the link provided HERE. Once you have reconnect to the network, you can check the ip address of the printer again. Open a new web page and try entering the printer's ip address again.

If you are unable to get to the printer's log in page after reconnecting, I would suggest contacting our support team at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to assist checking the ip address setting on the printer and the Mac to see what might be the issue.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements