cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LBP612Cdw driver problems

idolgin776
Apprentice

A few days ago I lost the ability to send files to my ImageClass LBP612Cdw printer, which is connected wirelessly to the network. When I tried printing a test page it gave me an error "Operation could not be completed (Error 0x00003e3). The I/O operation has been aborted ubecause of either a thread exit or an application request". I reinstalled the drivers from Canon website, but the problem persists.

4 REPLIES 4

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

This is not a common error.  It means the computer is not using the correct communications port installed for the printer.

There are a few ways to solve it.

Easy fix;

If you know the IP of your printer and have the IJ Networking Utility installed, you can open it and set the correct IP for your printer.

If this is not available, please follow the steps below:

Open Control Panel

Start menu button, and type Control Panel

When this opens select Programs and Features

Uninstall the printer and all of its software

Restart

Open Control Panel again and select Device and Printers

Choose one of the other devices and right-click (select Printer Properties)

Props.png

Properties dialog opens

1. Press Change Properties button

2. press Ports tab

ports.png

When the Ports tab is selected the dialog will refresh

Note the box which is checked for the device you opened (important)

ports2.png

Now check the list for any Canon related printer entries (note, you may have to scroll up or down)

If none are present, you are done and can close (cancel) the dialog

If a Canon device does exist, put a check mark in its box and select Delete Port button

Do this for each Canon entry

When done, re-check the box that device had assigned (first opened) and press OK (important)

If you don't select it, you cannot close the dialog

Now you are ready to reinstall the printer and its drivers

Optional step: Assign a static IP for the printer on your router

Install the printer again

If you do not have a copy of the latest driver, get it here LBP612cdw

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hi there

I'm having the same trouble but am on a Mac. I wonder if you could walk me thru this process for Mac Big Sur?

Thanks,

Mark

Hello Karkmilian,

If you are using Big Sur, you can start by using the link HERE to download and install the newest version of the UFR printer driver for Mac OS 11.

Once the download is complete, you can double click on the downloaded file to start the installation. Once the installation is complete, click on the apple in the upper left hand corner of the screen and then click on system preferences. Once in system preferences click on Printers and Scanners.

In printers and scanners, you can use the - at the bottom of the list to remove any connections for the printer. Once the list is clear, you can click the + at the bottom of the printers list to add a fresh connection for the printer.

Once the printer has been added back to the list, you can try printing again to see if the issues has been resolved. If you continue to have issues, I would suggest contacting support at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to assist.

Darius
Whiz

Hello idolgin776,

To help narrow down possible solutions, please let us know what version of Windows is running on the computer. Also, if you have the option to Save as a PDF or use the XPS Document Writer, try doing so.  Does the error occur for either/both of those as well?

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements