cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LBP6000 doesn't work after upgrading to OS X 10 yosemite (beta)

smukhi
Apprentice

LBP6000 doesn't work after upgrading to OS X 10 yosemite (beta)

Any suggestions?  Solutions?

4 REPLIES 4

knipprs
Apprentice

I just upgraded to Yosemite (I assume it is no longer Beta), and my Canon LBP6000 stopped working.  If anyone has a suggestion, I'd like to hear it!

Patrice
Whiz

Hi smukhi and knipprs!

I will be glad to assist you.  The driver is now available for the commercial release of the OS X 10.10 (Yosemite) driver.  I recommend uninstalling the previous driver before installing the latest driver.  To uninstall the driver, please follow the instructions below:

1. Click the [Printers & Scanners] icon in [System Preferences].

2.Select the printer you use on [Printers], then click [-].

3. Delete the printers that are registered, then close the [Print & Scan] dialog box.

4. Open Finder application of your Mac OS X.

5. Select [Go] → [Go to Folder] from the menu bar.

6. Enter the following folder locations, click [Go], then delete the files and folders.
Delete Example: You can delete files and folders by dragging them to the [Trash] icon in the Dock.
/Library/Printers/Canon/
CUPSCAPT
/Library/LaunchAgents/
jp.co.canon.CUPSCAPT.BG.plist
/Library/Printers/PPDs/
Contents/Resources/
Delete all the following files in the folders.
CNMCxxxAUS.ppd.gz
(xxx is a model name starting with [LBP].)
When the [Authenticate] dialog box is displayed
Enter the administrator's name and password, and then click [OK].

7. Close all open windows.

8. Restart your computer and empty the Trash Bin.
The printer driver is uninstalled.

Next, go to the imageCLASS LBP6000 - Drivers & Software page, and then download the file CAPT Printer Driver Ver.3.67 for Mac OS X 10.5/10.6/10.7/... listed under the [Recommended for You] section.

After installing the printer, please follow the instructions below to add the printer:

1. Click the [Printers & Scanners] icon in [System Preferences].

2. Click [+].

3. Click [Default], and then select the printer to be used from the printer list.

4. Select [Select Printer Software] from [Print Using].

5. Select the printer to be used from [Printer Software], and then click [OK].

6. Click [Add].

7. Make sure that the printer to be used is displayed, and then close the [Print & Scan] dialog box.

The printer registration is now completed.

I hope this information is helpful to you.  Should you need further assistance, please contact us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I just downloaded the new 3.67 Driver but I can't find my printer LBP6000 When I want to add the printer, What should I do?

i am having the same problem when i get to step 8, of the first instrucions i reboot the computer. it starts up and i download the driver and when i try to install i get this error

canon capt printer driver can't be installed on this disk.A later version of canon CAPT printer driver is already installed. and i get the                    harddrive symbol                          and a                   driver symbol

Macantosh HD                                                         Mac_CA...0_us_EN

360.85 GB available                                                 16 MB available

499.25 GB total                                                         30.7 mb total

Announcements