cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LBP162dw - printable pixel amount for A4 at 600DPI?

Kalevipoeg
Apprentice

My system: 

LBP162dw Wireless Monochrome Laser Printer
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Print over USB

prints text documents wonderfully. Quality for text is super so far.

However I got huge problem when trying to print 600DPI A4 sized image files (bmp or png).

There is some margin of about 5mm each side which are not printed. That's ok.

Problem is: How many pixels @600dpi do I get if I want to use as much of the A4 as possible?

I try find limit by trial and error but no success so far.

The printer seems also to be "helpful" by rescaling the image to fit its own opinion. 

Thus destroying the fine 1 pixel wide lines I try to print out.

It would be a start if I knew the actual pixel limits for A4.

And great if there was some way of turning the auto-corrupt funktion off.

Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Kalevepoeg.

Pixels do not translate directy to dots when it comes to printing, The pixel is a part of the image and the dots are what the printer uses to create that part of the image. One pixel does not equal a certain amout of dots. When printing, the printer will apply a .25 inch margin for your prints and will try and scale the image. In this situation, I would suggest contacting support at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to assist you with the issue that you are running into with your prints.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Kalevepoeg.

Pixels do not translate directy to dots when it comes to printing, The pixel is a part of the image and the dots are what the printer uses to create that part of the image. One pixel does not equal a certain amout of dots. When printing, the printer will apply a .25 inch margin for your prints and will try and scale the image. In this situation, I would suggest contacting support at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to assist you with the issue that you are running into with your prints.

Thanks Hector

I will try to put this added info to use. 

best regards

Kalevipoeg

Announcements