cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Imageclass mf236n starting problems

RobertS224
Apprentice

The documentation for the Imageclass mf236n printer/scanner/copier is vague.  There's a diagram of the ink cartridge showing an orange tab on the side (like a flip top on a soda can) that has to be pulled out and it has some kind of plastic strip attached to it.  One diagram shows it being pulled completely out of the cartridge, another shows it extending out of the cartridge.  I already pulled it out a bit but I'm afraid to pull more in case I'm unraveling some part of the cartridge.  Does this have to be removed altogether?

1 REPLY 1

Audrey
Enthusiast

Hi RobertS224,

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your post!

Please remove the orange tab then move to pulling the orange sealing tape out of the toner cartridge completely without using excessive force. Doing otherwise may cause the toner to scatter. If additional visual help is needed, a video can be found on Canon YouTube Channel. You can also contact our support group via telephone using the following link:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements