cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Imageclass MF232w wont scan.

Locolobo2
Apprentice

It will print wirelessly fine but it will not scan. A message saying "MF Scan Utility that is supported by the scanner you are using may not be installed on  your computer. Install the appropriate MF Scan Utility, and then perform the operation again." But I have gone to the Support page and downloaded the correct driver and I am still getting the same error message. What is going on? Did I buy a faulty printer?

3 REPLIES 3

James_C

Hi Locolobo2,

If you have already downloaded and installed the MF Scan Utility software let's perform the below steps to scan:           

1. Open the Windows Desktop.

2. Right click on the MF Scan Utility icon and click Properties.  

3. Click the Compatibility tab, then click "Change settings for all users". 

4. Put a check next to "Run this program as an administrator", then click Apply and OK.

5. Open the MF Scan Utility software and attempt a scan at this point.

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I am unable to follow the instructions to fix this

Cannot find the mf scan utility icon to proceed

Hello, dan2!

If you need one-on-one assistance, we recommend calling our friendly, US-based support team at 1-800-OK-CANON (800-652-2666) weekdays from 10:00am to 6:30pm ET, excluding holidays.

Support at Canon USA is free of charge.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements