cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Imageclass LBP622Cdw Concerns?

Bo3b
Contributor

A few questions/concerns regarding new Imageclass LBP622Cdw printer;

1. Update firmware request via printer LCD console returns - "Communication Error: Cannot check firmware version"
    (from PC Remote UI - Main controller v05.18, Boot ROM v02.01, DCON v02.01, Language v01.15)
    If current firmware and/or no update available - Would still expect Printer direct check to succeed?

2. Sporadically printer activates "Data Error" light on front panel.
    (Error code E733-005 which decodes as; Communication error between the Engine Controller PCB and the Main Controller PCB occurred. Remedy: Turn OFF and then ON the main power.)
    2x times in 3 days typically during idle/Eco mode - Not consistent or predictable. Recovers with power cycle
    What's going on with this error? Serious?

3. Canon Print Utility (v12.7.0.0) main screen reports - "The toner status cannot be displayed"

4. After each print job Printer repeatedly (~7x times?) displays - "Correcting... Wait a moment..." message.
    Suspect some sort of Image Quality adjustment but wondering Why so many?
    And how to eliminate?

5. Finally, method to check S/N history? Would like to confirm printer is new or possible refurb.
Are all these observations related? Overall, so far printing appears to work fine.

Printer is connected via Ethernet.
Remote UI from PC appears to work as expected although connection seems slow.
Window 10 (64 bit) Home version 2004.

Thanks,
Bob

12 REPLIES 12

Same here.  I talked to Canon and they said they would send out a refurb unit or I could try and get staples to send me a new replacement.  Staples is standing behind the unit so I should be getting one soon.  Seems crazy that they would just replace rather than fix.  Also, what is going to keep the new one from doing it again. I am in the camp that the firmware caused the issue but I can't prove that.  I updated it as soon as I got the printer so I don't know if it was already throwing the code.

FL_Guy
Apprentice

I'm having same problem.  Just installed printer this past week, updated to the latest firmware.  Wvery day now it's kicked out an error E733-0005. Power off/on clears, but definately a pain to power off the printer daily.  Everything else works fine except for this glitch.  Tried calling support, but of course close on weekends. 

OP here - Wish I could help... All I know is that Canon Technical support suggested problem was likely caused by wireless card when periodically activating to check connection. Or wireless card itself or seating to motherboard. Something wireless related. Don't know if their explanation makes sense or not - My Canon is on network via Ethernet.

Only solution offered was exchange via official Canon warranty program. Although printer worked fine finally gave up and returned for replacement via Amazon policy. New printer has worked without any issue.

Good luck!

Announcements