cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Imageclass D1150 won't print more than 6 pages of a pdf file Mac OS

CS223
Apprentice

I've tried multiple different .pdf files and the printer will not print more than 6 double sided pages. I've downloaded and installed the latest drivers on two different Macs, one running High Sierra and the other running Catalina. I've gone into the settings menu on both computers and removed all the printers and reselected the printers after the dirver update and rebooted the machines. I've connected the USB cable individually to each computer to print directly. I've reset the MFP settings using the MFP menu. Images in the .pdf file are hit & miss printing. Some are scrambled others show up as all black. No print error messages on either Mac, the print buffer clears and there are no pending jobs. At my wits end with the thing. 

9 REPLIES 9

CS223
Apprentice

Still no luck, I erased my Mac drive, re-installed OSX. I deleted the printer and fax from the settings. Re-Installed the Canon drivers 11/26/19. Added the printer again. I get 4-6 double sided pages and thats it. The print dialog says Printing-Sending data to printer but above that it says: The printer is not connected. After a short period the que clears as if it printed. It's for certain the printer, I'm getting no errors on the Mac. I printed out the 5 page printer configuration report but I dont see anything in the settings that looks out of place.

Hi CS223.

Is the D1150 connected over a network (Wired LAN), or by direct USB connection?  If by USB, are you connecting through a USB Hub, or directly to the computer?

Is the computer a laptop or a desktop?  If it's a laptop, is it running on battery power?

From which programs are you printing the PDF?  Have you tried printing them from other programs?

Is a firewall installed on the Mac?

I look forward to your responses.

CS223
Apprentice
The printer is connected directly to a USB port on the MacMini. It is a desktop. I’ve tried printing from Safari and Preview in OSX. The MacMini is running on High Sierra. I also tried using my Mac Book Pro connecting it directly to the printer and tried to print from Safari and Preview with the same result. The MBP is running Catalina. Both computers show that the document processed and the printer cache clears showing no jobs pending. Neither computer has a firewall installed other than what is normal for OSX.

Hello again, CS223.

Try using a different USB cord; while they tend to last a while, USB cords may wear out over time.  Also ensure the USB cord is no longer than 10 ft, and not coiled or bunched up.  Coiling or bunching can damage the cord and reduce the signal strength through it.

When adding the printer back to the computer, what drivers are being selected in the "Add New Printer" screen's "Use" drop down?  If it's defaulting to Airprint or Bonjour, manually change it to the Canon option (it will be listed in the Use drop-down options).  Video steps

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

CS223
Apprentice
I swapped the cable in the initial check, the printer is right next to the computer so the cable is only 1M in length. The driver is the UFRII driver installed with the latest D1150 software driver from the Canon website. It and the UFRII fax driver are the only drivers installed on the computer.

Hi CS223.

The printer itself won't ignore print commands from the computer, especially over USB, unless otherwise set to limit printing.  Check that the Administrative settings on the printer allow more than six pages from your computer or Department ID.

1. Press [Menu].

2. Press < or > to select <SYSTEM SETTINGS>, then press [OK].

• If the System Manager ID and System Password have been set, enter the System Manager ID and System Password using - [numeric keys], then press [Log In/Out].

3. Press < or > to select <MANAGE DEPT. ID>, then press [OK].

4. Press < or > to select <PAGE LIMIT SET.>, then press [OK].

5. Press < or > to select the desired function, then press [OK].

• You can select <TOTAL PRINT LIMIT>, <COPY LIMIT>, <BLACK SCAN LIMIT>, <COLOR SCAN LIMIT>, or <PRINT LIMIT>.

• The <TOTAL PRINT LIMIT> screen is used as an example.
  6. Press < or > to select <OFF>, then press [OK].  This will clear the page limit for the setting selected.

7. Press [Stop/Reset] to return to the standby mode.

If the above doesn't correct the problem, check your computer's security settings and, if installed, security software to ensure the data over USB isn't being blocked, metered, or limited. For help with settings in Mac OS, refer to Apple support (non-Canon link: https://support.apple.com)

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Darius,

My printer has had a similar problem.  I print over a USB cable from a MacBookPro. It only prints the first few pages of a job.

After

Press < or > to select <MANAGE DEPT. ID>, then press [OK].

I can turn this option on or off, but I am not offered the Page Limit Set menu item:

Press < or > to select <PAGE LIMIT SET.>, then press [OK].

What am I missing?

Thanks,

Joe

Hi Banjo,

Try these instructions after reaching Manage Dept ID:

1.  Press < or > to select <REGISTER DEPT. ID.>, then press [OK].

2.  Press < or > to select <PAGE LIMIT SET.>, then press [OK].

•You can select <TOTAL PRINT LIMIT>, <COPY LIMIT>, <BLACK SCAN LIMIT>, <COLOR SCAN LIMIT>, or <PRINT LIMIT>.

3.  Press < or > to select < PRINT LIMIT>, then press [OK].

4.  Press < or > to select the desired function, then press [OK].

•The <TOTAL PRINT LIMIT> screen is used as an example.

5.  Press < or > to select <OFF>, then press [OK].  This will clear the page limit for the setting selected.

6.  Press [Stop/Reset] to return to the standby mode.

If the above doesn't correct the problem, check your computer's security settings and, if installed, security software to ensure the data over USB isn't being blocked, metered, or limited. For help with settings in Mac OS, refer to Apple support (non-Canon link: https://support.apple.com)

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Writenow529
Apprentice

I have a similar problem printing from my Mac Pro. Seems number of pages printed is random sometimes 6 other times 15 etc. I have tried everything. Going to return printer. Not worth my time trying to fix. My other canon printer works great; this one is not worth the effort. 

Announcements