cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ImageClass MF743cdw laser photo paper

campbellsa
Apprentice

Hello!  I have spent a bit of time researching, can't seem to find an answer...so here I am.  I purchased some 4x6 canon photo paper to try and print photos on this printer, but it doesn't print correctly (hazy/smeared).  The photo paper box says "Injket," even though the description on Amazon said it was ok for laser printers as well.  

Is there a specific type of photo paper I should be using with this laser printer?  Now I am concerned about damaging the printer as well...fortunately only tried to print one photo then stopped.

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Campbellsa,

Laser printers are not normally used for photo printing. You would usually get better image quality from an inkjet printer when it comes to photos. To print images with the MF743, you can look for paper that is labeled for laser use. Laser paper is made to resist the heat of the the printing process and to allow the toner powder to adhere, to the paper.

We do not make any laser photo paper, but you can search for coated, brochure or thicker papers that are labeled for use with laser printers. Inkjet paper is designed to absorb the ink that is applied during the printer process and are coated to seal the ink in.

Announcements