cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ImageClass MF743C on Mac, two simple questions, please…

MarkSealey
Contributor

I've just bought (and am very pleased with) an ImageClass MF743Cdw.

1 - Should I select functions and print from its Operation Panel (LED on the printer itself); or can I - preferred - do what I want from my iMac Pro (2017, running Big Sur, macOS 11.1)? IOW, what's the relationship between the two?

2 - Is it possible to do duplex scanning (scan both sides of one or more documents) without installing the Canon scanner software… I already have and use Prizmo?

Thanks in advance so much for helping me make the bext of the machine!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

@MarkSealey wrote:

1 - Should I select functions and print from its Operation Panel (LED on the printer itself); or can I - preferred - do what I want from my iMac Pro (2017, running Big Sur, macOS 11.1)? IOW, what's the relationship between the two?

This is a matter of personal preference.  In other words, one allows you to print/scan from the printers operations panel, the other allows you to initate prints/scans from your connected PC or MAC.  Only one or the other can be used at a time.  

Scanning from operation Panel or Software:

Scanning - Canon - imageCLASS MF746Cdw / MF745Cdw / MF743Cdw / MF741Cdw / MF644Cdw / MF642Cdw / MF64...

2 - Is it possible to do duplex scanning (scan both sides of one or more documents) without installing the Canon scanner software… I already have and use Prizmo?

This will depend on the application.  I am not familar with Prizmo.  You can try it, if it doesn't work, you will need to install the ScanGear Driver in order to use all supported features under your OS.  

Scanning from an application:

Scanning Documents from an Application - Canon - imageCLASS MF746Cdw / MF745Cdw / MF743Cdw / MF741Cd...

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

@MarkSealey wrote:

This is a matter of personal preference.  In other words, one allows you to print/scan from the printers operations panel, the other allows you to initate prints/scans from your connected PC or MAC.  Only one or the other can be used at a time.  

Scanning from operation Panel or Software:

Scanning - Canon - imageCLASS MF746Cdw / MF745Cdw / MF743Cdw / MF741Cdw / MF644Cdw / MF642Cdw / MF64...

This will depend on the application.  I am not familar with Prizmo.  You can try it, if it doesn't work, you will need to install the ScanGear Driver in order to use all supported features under your OS.  

Scanning from an application:

Scanning Documents from an Application - Canon - imageCLASS MF746Cdw / MF745Cdw / MF743Cdw / MF741Cd...

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Rick,

Thank you so much for taking the time and trouble to reply and help me so thoroughly!

I have reached out to the developers of Prizmo.

Another way in which I could ask my question about using the Operation Panel would be to know whether there is anything I can only do at the printer itself (the Operation Panel) which I cannot do from software!

Thanks in advance for your thoughts here - and have an enjoyable weekend 🙂

Announcements