cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ImageClass MF6550: New cartridge, prints blank copies

GMoody
Apprentice

HELLO OG experts; I salvaged this printer years ago because it was like new. Couldn't figure out why someone tossed it, except it wouldn't print. That is, make a copy to begin with, never mind from a computer. Original cartridge seems to have toner in it, but I found a nice "new" Innovera remanufactured cart for cheap online recently and installed it. No difference. I've read some old posts about the laser shutter on the cartridge not opening, but I can maneuver the mechanism inside the cartridge bay and see the shutter working just fine. Can anyone lead me to a likely problem or tell me what to check next? (Otherwise, it makes a fine scanner.) Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Gmoody,

If the pages are blank on both prints, it looks like there is a problem with the hardware. It could be a problem with the image transfer belt or the fixing assembly.

Thanks Hector! I've only tested it using the copy function, I never thought to try to print from my PC. That's blank too. Therefore that eliminates the image transfer belt? Is there anything I can do with the fixing assembly by way of testing or repairing it?

Announcements