cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ImageClass MF644CDW - MF641CDW - Bad Print Quality (with PICTURE) USB vs Computer

that1guy951
Contributor

IF YOU HAVE THESE PRINTERS, YOU NEED TO TEST THIS. 
So I just bought this printer two days ago, and I noticed the print quality was not as good as my old printer. Did everything under the book from cleaning, to gradient, to color correction, toner saver off... Everything has yielded the same results, with the print not as solid as my old printer.

I read another user post that USB printing yields better results, so I gave that a try. He is 100% correct.

Print a PDF from your computer, then copy that PDF to a USB drive and print it from the printer, you should see a difference in quality.

This makes no sense, has something to do with the way the printer interprets the computer driver versus direct document?

What is being done to fix this?

Does canon read these?

0008_220908105418_001.jpg

3 REPLIES 3

that1guy951
Contributor

These were printed back to back with a NEW 2 day old printer, same PDF, one from the computer one from USB drive. 

FYI I also tried with the computer connect through USB vs WiFi, both were the same (lighter not dense)

that1guy951
Contributor

Has anyone else checked their USB media file versus PC print driver print quality?

Hello,

To check what drivers are being used on your computer via USB vs over the network and to address any issues with the USB memory print quality, I would suggest contacting support over the phone at 1-800-652-2666. One of our agents would be happy to answer any questions and help adjust any settings. 

Announcements