cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ImageClass MF642Cdw doesn't scan to email

Tonyyyy
Contributor

Hi,

I had configured my  ImageClass MF642Cdw to send scans to a hotmail and worked fine for 2 years. Today I am getting error printed sheet when I am trying to scan to email. The error message only lists the email address; no codes or additional information of any sort. The email is correct -  I haven't change anything. I am not sure how to fix this. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. I can print wirelessly OK. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tonyyyy
Contributor

Hi, I was actually able to solve the problem. I had recently changed the password for the email that I had in the address book on the printer.  I had to go to Remote UI: Portal (to do this you have to type in the IP address in a browser) and add the newly updated password for the email and it worked. It was very frustrating having to figure that out because the printed page I was getting as an error didn't indicate that a password was changed. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

noel2022
Apprentice

I have same issue here with MF410 series. Hope someone can fix this.

Tonyyyy
Contributor

Hi, I was actually able to solve the problem. I had recently changed the password for the email that I had in the address book on the printer.  I had to go to Remote UI: Portal (to do this you have to type in the IP address in a browser) and add the newly updated password for the email and it worked. It was very frustrating having to figure that out because the printed page I was getting as an error didn't indicate that a password was changed. 

Announcements