cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ImageClass MF4570dn How do I make the scanned documents darker? I can barely read what I scan.

jdswanberg
Apprentice

ImageClass MF4570dn How do I make the scanned documents darker?  I can barely read what I scan.

I cannot find anything in the manual, online, or on the machine itself that deals with how dark/light to scan.

3 REPLIES 3

Patrice
Whiz

Hi jdswanberg.

I will be glad to assist you.

If you are scanning handwritten documents, it is recommended that they be scanned in [Greyscale] or [Color].  To adjust the brightness and contrast  of the scans, you will need to access the ScanGear MF driver.  To access this driver, please follow the steps below:

1.  Verify that MF Toolbox is closed on the computer and press the [SCAN] button on the printer.

2.  Highlight [Remote Scanner] and press [OK].  The screen will show, "Remote Scanner. Waiting online...".

3.  On the computer, open the MF Toolbox and select [PDF].

4.  In the [PDF] window, click the check box for "Display the Scanner Driver"

5.  Click [Apply] at the bottom of the window.

6.  Click the green [START] button on the [PDF] window.  The ScanGear MF driver will open.

7.  Click the [Advanced Mode] tab.

In Advanced Mode, you can adjust the brightness and contrast of a document by  clicking on the [Brightness/Contrast] icon.  The icon resembles a half-white, half-black sun.  You may need to adjust these settings a few times to get the image quality that you prefer.

More information about the ScanGear MF driver can be found in the e-Manual that came with the machine.  It will be on the User Manuals CD-ROM.  If you are still unable to access this information, the e-manual is available for download at the Canon USA website.  Please click the link below to view more information:

imageCLASS MF4570dn - Brochures and Manuals

I hope this information is helpful to you.  Should you need further assistance, please contact us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I am having the same problem.  I have set my preferences to be perfect for my taste, however, do I need to print in this way always?  I would prefer to have my default settings for B&W and Custom 1 and Custom 2 to adopt these settings.  I have not found a way to make that happen yet.  Please advise.

Thanks!

Are you saying that device is manufactured so that its scans, by design, are unusable? In order to get a servicable scan, you have to manually go through a kludgy multi step process? You have to use an advanced mode that requires you to run back and forth between your device and your computer?

That can't be right. Surely there is a way to make adjustments that persist, so that you can send your scan from the device and use the MF toolbox settings to do a one button scan that the interface promises.

Seriously, if this answer is the best that this machine can do, its pretty disappointing.

Announcements