cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ImageClass MF229 dw Scanner not working in Windows 10

Kazandblue
Apprentice

Purchased a Windows 10 desktop connected the imageclass  MF229 dw via network; printing is workig fine, however the scanner fails from the desktop and also when trying to scan from the MF Printer. I have updated the firmware, I have downloaded the lastest drivers and patch , disabled firewalls and still fails to scan. I tried the Windows Scanner and Fax software and still not scanning.

The error code 255,0,0 when using the Toolbox.

At a lost on what to try next..

1 REPLY 1

James_C

Hi Kazandblue       

Let's perform the following steps to resolve the scanning issue:

1. In the search box next to the Windows icon type in Services, and click on the Services Desktop App in the list.

2. Scroll down the list of services until you locate Windows Image Acquisition and double click.

3. Confirm the [Startup type:] is set for Automatic.

4. Click on the Log On tab. Then click the radio button next to [Local System account], and check the box next to [Allow service to interact with desktop].

5. Click the Recovery Tab, and for [First Failure] select Restart the Service. Click Apply, then OK at the bottom.

6. Restart the computer.   

At this point attempt scan using the MF Scan Utility software. Click HERE for scanning instructions.

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements