cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ImageCLASS MF733Cdw Scan Settings Inconsistent

eknopp
Apprentice

We just got the ImageCLASS MF733Cdw at my work office and I'm attempting to get it all set up. 

Everything seems to be working great, except for scanning - primarily through the ADF. 

I'm scanning letter size papers to my computer through USB.

But when they get to my computer, the scanned documents have the proportions of legal paper.

The documents have the exact copy of the original at the top, but then an extended section below that is blank. 

The "Scan Size" is set to "LTR."

I also cannot get the scanner to scan both sides of the page.

I have it set to "2-Sided Original: Book Style."

My last problem is the file format is not consistent. I have it set "File Format: PDFs" - yet I get a mixture of JPEGs and PDFs whenever I scan more than one page. 

I am using a macbook air with the latest OS and I downloaded all the available ImageCLASS MF733Cdw drivers for my OS. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Patrice
Whiz

Hi eknopp.

I will be glad to assist you.

It sounds like you may be using a program other than the MF Scan Utility to scan documents. Please open Applications > Canon MF Utilities > MF Scan Utility, and then click [Settings]. Please click Document Scan in the left column, and you should see the window below:

Please change [Paper Size] to Letter, and you should also see a check box that shows [Scan both sides when scanning from the feeder]. After making the changes, click OK, and then click Documents on the main window. Using Document scan will save all of the documents in the PDF format.

If you continue to experience an issue, or need any further assistance, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays). 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Patrice
Whiz

Hi eknopp.

I will be glad to assist you.

It sounds like you may be using a program other than the MF Scan Utility to scan documents. Please open Applications > Canon MF Utilities > MF Scan Utility, and then click [Settings]. Please click Document Scan in the left column, and you should see the window below:

Please change [Paper Size] to Letter, and you should also see a check box that shows [Scan both sides when scanning from the feeder]. After making the changes, click OK, and then click Documents on the main window. Using Document scan will save all of the documents in the PDF format.

If you continue to experience an issue, or need any further assistance, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays). 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I have a ImageClass MF232w that will not scan. i followed the steps to correct and it tell me there isnt a driver installed

Hi janemccoy.

To best assist you, we will need some more information. Please answer the questions below:

1. Which version of Windows or macOS is installed on your computer?

2. Is the printer connected to the computer with a USB cable, or wirelessly over the network?

We look forward to your reply. If you need immediate assistance, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

I have the same problem as the original post, but with MF743.  Moreover, I do not see the checkbox in MF Tool Box settings which states. "[Scan both sides when scanning from the feeder]".  I would point out that the image of the Settings dialog used in your "Solution" also similarly does not show the missing check box.  Please can you advise where to find the check box to turn on 2-sided printing?

Mac iOS Mojave 10.14.5

Canon MF Scan Utility 1.11.0

WiFi Connection to the Printer

Hi jaylkelley.

Did you register the machine as a Bonjour scanner or TCP/IP scanner in the MF Scan Utility? 

If you need immediate assistance for this issue, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.

Same problem here with MF743cdw. Double sided scanning option dissapeared.

It was there, but now it is gone. I was having other problems and reinstalled the latest drivers, and now the setting is gone.

jaylkelley
Apprentice
I installed drivers from the Canon website. I had tried Bonjour and a driver called MF743. Neither showed 2 sided printing as an option.
Announcements