cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ImageCLASS MF644Cdw Scan to Email error #753

dcktp37
Apprentice

I have been working for days trying to get the "scan to email" to work. I have set static IP's static DNS and reentered my SMTP and email information multiple times. I started with a #752 and then had an #802 now I'm stuck on a #753. I am at a loss.

7 REPLIES 7

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

All of these errors indicated a problem with connectivity or configuration. 

We cannot verify this remotely for you.

How is your printer connect to a newtork? (wired, wirelessly) 

What is it connected to?  (Switch, modem/router)?

Have you verified this network has internet connectivity?

Can other devices on this network browse the internet?

What IP, SM and DNS settings are you using?

Who is the email provider?

What are you using for outbound SMTP settings?  

Username (example is fine)

Port

Authentication

Error Codes:  https://oip.manual.canon/USRMA-0312-zz-CS-enGB/contents/1T0002910536.html

Help us by filling in the blanks.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thanks for your reply! I wasn't sure what information was pertinent so I went light at first.

The printer is connected wirelessly to a router.

The router does in fact have internet access as I am able to ping 8.8.8.8 from the printer.

I was able to send email from the same network from a PC using the email account from the printer using the same SMTP settings.

The IP is just set statically in the router I do not have a static public IP.

DNS 8.8.8.8

example.example@gmail.com is the email/username I am using.

smtp.gmail.com on port 587 using TLS

dcktp37
Apprentice

Another interesting fact is that Google Cloud Print seems to works. So it's looking like the printer has connectivity to an extent.

Hi dcktp37.

The #753 error indicates that the printer is set up to scan through a LAN cable (hardline network connection).  Double-check the settings to ensure the printer is set up to communicate over wireless. Double-check that the static IP address is associated with the MF644Cdw's wireless connection; the wifi and ethernet connections typically have different MAC Addresses.

Viewing the MAC Address and Information for Wireless LAN

Manually configured services (such as Scan through Email) usually require everything to be configured exactly to communicate.

Other than that, double-check spelling and any necessary passwords entered through the Remote UI.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

This statement "The #753 error indicates that the printer is set up to scan through a LAN cable" seems correct. I spent hours trying, Set the preference to use wireless LAN, double-checked gmail settings, etc.  But I still get the same error 753.

Using wireless LAN, I can connect to the printer Remote UI, set up the printer on PC, print on PC or on my phone using Google print, etc.

Any way to set the printer to scan through a wireless LAN cable?  

Can the "scan to email" function be set differently than the rest of the printer? The rest of the printer functions fine over the WiFi.  The only setting I can find indicates that the printer is set to use the WiFi.

@Darius wrote:

Hi dcktp37.

The #753 error indicates that the printer is set up to scan through a LAN cable (hardline network connection).  Double-check the settings to ensure the printer is set up to communicate over wireless.

Hi dcktp37 and muhlin.

Depending on the settings changed, it's possible for the printer to be connected to the wireless yet try to send via Ethernet (wired LAN).  Try powering off the printer, waiting at least 10 seconds after the printer shuts down completely, then power it back on.  This should proliferate the network settings as necessary.

If this doesn't correct the issue, you will need to reset the I-Fax/Scan to Email settings, and then set them up again.

If this answered your question, please click the Accept as Solution button, so others might find the answer.

Announcements