cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to replace non-Canon cartridge with Canon cartridge on MB2120

mdeloughery
Apprentice

On Maxify MB2120.

Tried non-Canon cartridge and it's not good.

Want to replace it with Canon cartridge before the other one is empty. Is there a way to do that?

thanks in advance,

Michael

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi mdeloughery,

Since the ink is pressurized in the MB2120, you would only be able to replace once the ink is low and the message to replace appears. If you were to pull the ink cartridge out now you would run the risk of having ink spill in and outside of the printer.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Remove old cartridge, replace with OEM.  Thats it.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hi Rick,

Thanks but I've checked the manual and it only has instructions for replacing a cartridge when a replacement message appears. I'm looking for a safe way to replace the cartridge before the cartridge is empty.

Michael

Michael,

The ink police aren't going to show up at your door and arrest you for changing out an ink cartridge before it was spent or completely empty. 

You can remove and replace the cartridges ANY time you like.  Full, empty, old, new, whenever.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Rick,

If there is a way to change cartridges before they are empty, how do you do it?  I can't find a release lever to get the cartridge out until the machine says it needs replaced and  releases it.

KGarzo

Hi mdeloughery,

Since the ink is pressurized in the MB2120, you would only be able to replace once the ink is low and the message to replace appears. If you were to pull the ink cartridge out now you would run the risk of having ink spill in and outside of the printer.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Yes, thanks for this explanation. I called Canon support and they just said there is no way to remove the ink cartridge on the MB2120 unless it's empty. Now I know that it is under pressure until empty.

Michael

The ink is not pressurinzed to the point of explosive spray.

The tank if removed (even) full will not spew ink like a spray can.  If done carefully you will not drip any ink.  If you believe differently, drink the koolaid and allow fear mongering to control your life.

The ink monitors in printers are not calibrated in the consumers favor.  Cartridges are "chipped" for a reason and its not so you as the consumer can get the maximum yeild of prints from your installed cartridges. 

You said you don't have OEM inks installed.  Canon inks will work best in your printer.

I'm not making this up.  Believe whatever you like. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements