cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ImageCLASS MF642Cdw - will not print color

ONe21
Apprentice

I used my ImageCLASS MF642Cdw for the first time and everything worked beautifully. My wife printed out an entire textbook in color and the starter cartriges were on 0%. I changed the cartriges with genuine Canon units and check the status - 100% with not warnings. I start a print job for 50 pamphlets only to come back and find they are in black and white. I restarted the printer, computer, removed the cartriges and reinstalled them, looked through menus, searched the internet and came up with nothing. It's still printing B&W. Can someone help me out? 

2 REPLIES 2

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello ONe21,

If the prints come out in black and white it will usually mean the printer received a command to print that way. If the color toner cartridges we not working, the prints would usually come out blank. To see what settings we can adjust, I would need some additional information to assist further.

1. What version of the Mac or Windows operating system are you using on your computer?
  2. What program are you printing from?
  3. Do you have the same issue when you perform a color copy?

Once we have that information, we can continue to assist. For a more immediate answer, feel free to contact support at 1-800-652-2666.

I am having the same problem.

1. Windows 11 pro
2. Multiple (Adobe, Windows Suite...etc.)
3. No, the copier prints in color normally. The only issue is printing from my computer.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements