cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Image class MF 6540

reginaldboenig
Apprentice

Hello; I have an Image Class MF 6540 all-in-one. For years we've used it as a standalone. I need to hook the scanner to the computer. The computer recognizes the fact that the printer is hooked up to it. I've downloaded the drivers countless times. The problem is that I can't get my computer to recognize that the drivers are there - it keeps saying the driver isn't there. Any suggestions? Using WIN 10 with USB. Thanks

1 REPLY 1

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Reginaldboenig,

If the computer is not recognizing the drivers for the printer, you can try removing the USB connection and then reinstalling the drivers.

While the printer is on and connected, you can press the Windows key and the letter R key at the same time on your keyboard. In the run box that appears, you can type in devmgmt.msc and click OK. In the window that comes up, you can click on the option for universal serial bus controllers at the bottom. You can right click and any headings for USB printing support and then select uninstall.

Once USB printing support has been uninstalled, you can disconnect the printer from the computer. Once the printer is disconnected, you can download and reinstall the recommended driver for the MF6450 using the link HERE. Leave the printer disconnected from the computer until the setup prompts you to turn the printer and connect.

Once the setup is complete, you can try a test print to see if the printer is working properly from the computer.

Announcements