cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I receive an error code:5,157,69 when I try to scan using my MX922. It is connected via wireless

tjv_florida
Apprentice

I have my new MX922 connected to my home network via wireless. When I attempt to scan photos I receive an error message stating that the scanning software was unable to communicate with the scanner. Code:5,157,69.

I have no issues when printing or faxing it is only the scanning function. I am using the Canon supplied software - My Image Garden - to do the scan.

Please advise.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jason
Whiz

Hi!

To ensure the most accurate information is provided, we will need to know the version of Windows or Mac in use.

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/EmailCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks and have a great day!

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16

Jason
Whiz

Hi!

To ensure the most accurate information is provided, we will need to know the version of Windows or Mac in use.

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/EmailCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks and have a great day!

Hello.

Thanks for the speedy reply.

I am running Windows Vista Home Premium, Service Pack 2

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thank you

skeating
Contributor

I am having same issue - what was the solution? 

Thanks.

Susan

@tjv_florida wrote:

I have my new MX922 connected to my home network via wireless. When I attempt to scan photos I receive an error message stating that the scanning software was unable to communicate with the scanner. Code:5,157,69.

I have no issues when printing or faxing it is only the scanning function. I am using the Canon supplied software - My Image Garden - to do the scan.

Please advise.

@tjv_florida wrote:

Please advise.

Hello.

What other messages show in the error that you have encountered?  Also, what version of Windows or Mac OSX do you have?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I recieve one of 2 error codes; code 2,250,200 or code 5,157,69. Support via phone got it working once by unistalling drivers, turning off anti-virus, then reinstalling virus. That worked ...for less than a day. Back to same problem. Very frustrating. Any ideas would be very much appreciated. 

Hi !

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what operating system (Windows Vista/7/8 or Mac OS 10.X) you are using.

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bitly.com/CanonEmail or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks!

windows 10 (x64)

Hello.

If reinstalling the drivers worked temporarily, there may be a firewall or anti-spyware program that is blocking the scanner driver.  Temporarily disable these programs to see if this helps.

If the issue persists, try a new or different admin-level account on the system to narrow down the cause of the issue.

If immediate assistance is needed, find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I get the same error on my MG3560...

CODE5,157.69

Seems to be a common problem for most cannon print / scanners

Announcements