cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm trying to install an imageclass mf8380cdw

sbondy
Apprentice

I'm installing an imageclass mf8380cdw wireless multifunction printer.  The printer says it is on the network, but nothing on the network can see the printer.

The printer says its IP address is 169.254.178.94 which I don't understand as that is not a local IP.  It also reports its gateway is 192.168.1.1.  Is there a way to look for the 169.254.178.94 IP THROUGH the gateway IP?  Or am I just missing something?

Thanks for any help,

Steve

4 REPLIES 4

Danny

Hi, Steve!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly which operating system is running on your computer. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is ready to help by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks and have a great day!

Okay, more details:

I am running 64 bit Windows 7.  The printer is connected to the network (or so says the printer) but I can see no evidence of the printer through the network/router. 

I downloaded the driver software and it refuses to install, because it can't see the printer over the network.  So, I connected to the printer via USB.  It installed the drivers and printed a test page fine.  But, I need it to work wirelessly.  I then unplugged the USB connection and we're back to the printer not being seen by any of the computers on the network, nor can I see evidence through the router page.

Help?  I'm glad to give more info if you need specifics...

Thanks!

Thanks to Canon tech support, it is working swimmingly now. It looks like my router was to blame, assigning the non-local IP address. We went and assigned it a fixed local address and there were no problems after that. Thanks Canon tech support!

Hi, I have the same problem as yours. My laptop configuration is also 64 bits window 7. I have not try connected  it via USB yet because I don't have the cable. Can you show me how to connect it via network please?

Announcements