cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cant print anything on brand new MF644CDW

splukany
Apprentice

I opened the box yesterday. I was able to install software and connected printer to my home router through wifi. I even printed out some test page from printer panel. Then I tried to print actual document from my computer (win7). It sees printer but shows error in printing.

I tried to check out all setting on actual printer but I didnt find anything. The only strange thing I've seen is a message on panel:

"check that the paper size and type settings for the drawer are correct before performing the job"

I'm not sure if I did something wrong or maybe I didn't do something...

Can you help?

4 REPLIES 4

Darius
Whiz

Hi splukany.

On the WIndows 7 computer, open the Printing Preferences, and select the Paper Source tab.  In the Paper Source Information dialogue box, click on [Retrieve Paper Source Information] to pull the paper information already registered to the printer.  After that, you may set paper source based on the media type.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

i removed and reinstalled all software and now it works BUT!

1)I set paper in the printer LTR/Plain3.

Then I followed what you told me and software shows the same paper - LTR/Plain3. I clicked on "retrieve" and it shows error "cannot retrieve paper info"

2) I printed few things and one thing is strange. When I want to copy my kids drawing... it is no so goood. Some things on drawing are invisible and some very light. Copy then is not so accurate. I changed density from 0 to -1 and +4 but it was only worse.

3)After printing the pribter do something weird. It shows "correction... please wait" and it does something mechanical, loud noise, kind of like printing or cleaning itself... for like 10 seconds... is it normal?

Hi splukany.

I'm happy to hear you got the paper working right.  If the noise seems abnormal, please call our support line.  If you are located in the U.S., our support is available at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) Monday-Friday from 10:00 am to 6:30 pm ET, excluding holidays.

If you're located outside of the U.S., you may find your local branch of Canon through the map at the Canon Global website: https://global.canon/en/support

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

This still isn't working for me. When I select Retrieve Paper Source Information I cet a message that says "Cound not retreive the device information.

Announcements