cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am unable to print to my Canon D1320 network printer. Any help?

benjas96
Apprentice

Hello there! This is my first time posting, so please excuse any errors that I make during this posting process. Anyway, I have a Canon D1320 network copier/printer that works great except for the network printing. Let me explain the setup.

Due to my house being spread out and the fact that I have put in extensive insulation, the WiFi signal in my home is not that great. In my basement, I have one Linksys router (#1) (that has a computer connected via ethernet) connected to my gateway, and on the other side of the basement, I have another Linksys router (#2) which is connected to the Canon D1320 and another desktop via ethernet. Both routers have the same name/password so they act as one reinforced network without the need to switch to a different network as you move around the house.

I am able to print to the Canon D1320 fine from the desktop on that router #2, but I am unable to print on router #1 that I mentioned. Why is this? I have disabled the firewall on router #2 due to the fact that router #1 has a firewall on it. 

Is there any way to get this to work? Anything that I am doing wrong? Please help as we all need to print to this printer!

Thank you!

1 REPLY 1

Deborah
Enthusiast

Hello and welcome benjas96,

I can appreciate your dilemma.  I would recommend contacting our technical support group to get this ironed out.  This is not to say it is not possible, however there are some basics that will need to be isolated and confirmed first.

Please feel free to contact us and they will be glad to help.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements