cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Font behavior on PCL

blakemitchell
Apprentice

I have a program on a server that sends prints to the PCL. When I have the font set to 0 (Courier) it completely ignores te point size. Everythjing looks good except that it goes off the page from left to right. Change the point size and it looks identical. 

Every other font I have tried scales according to the point size but the formatting of the report we run is lost and the best I can tell is that it is because the other fonts are no monospace.

So, I think, I will set another monospace font and see if that will accept the point size and line things up. I can't figure out what fonts are what. This PCL and printer do not have the Font List option to print in the settings and a Font List from another Canon Printer we have and it does not match up or at least the other monspaced Courier fonts in the 80s only print lines instead of characters.

I am at whit's end on how to fix this and my supplier has been of 0 use to me this far. Halp?!

2 REPLIES 2

Stephen

Hi Blakemitchell!
So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly what equipment you're using, any error messages you're getting, and the Computer Operating System you're using (Windows XP/Vista/7/8 or Mac 10.x), as well as the way you connect to your device (USB or networked via WiFi or Ethernet). Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue! Thanks and have a great day!

The printer is connected over Ethernet. 

Printer imageRunner 1025IF

PCL Printer Kit-AB1

Announcements