cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I find the password for an IMAGECLASS D420 printer?

hokiehomer
Apprentice

I have a new software update that requires a password. I've owned this machine for years and have never been asked for a password. I checked the back of the machine but the serial number is the only info on the back label.

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

I am not aware of a password requirement for driver installation or update.  The OS (PC or MAC) could prompt if the user account you were installing under wasn't an Admin.  MAC's often ask for user passwords during software installs.

Can you provide a screen shot of the prompt?

Also confirm you are downloading the software from Canon's official Support Portal:

Support | Support Laser Printers - imageCLASS | imageCLASS D420 | Canon USA

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

The software update box popped up when I turned on the printer. It said that the update would add new features. After several failed attempts to run the update because of the password requirement I closed the popup down. I am unable to get it to come back, however I was able to update all my drivers from the Canon website. I will provide a screenshot if the popup returns. Thanks for the quick response.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements