cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I adjust the brightness of the scanned image in MF4890DW all-in-one printer?

varadacr
Apprentice

I have a MF4890DW all-in-one laser printer. When I need to scan a document, I use "remote scanning" and initiate the scan from my Mac using the "MF Toolbox" software. The scanned copies always come out dull - many times not capturing anything writtem with a blue or even black ink pen (for example my signature in a document). How do I change the scan settings to increase the density of the output? I use the black/white or grey scale mode for scan and not the color mode. The main reason is that the color mode generates a much bigger file than black/white.

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1

Patrice
Whiz

Hi varadacr.

I will be glad to assist you.

To adjust the brightness of the scan, you will need to access the ScanGear MF driver.  Please follow the instructions below:

To access this driver, please follow the steps below:

1.  Verify that MF Toolbox is closed on the computer and press the [SCAN] button on the printer.

2.  Highlight [Remote Scanner] and press [OK]. The screen will show, "Remote Scanner. Waiting online...".

3.  On the computer, open the MF Toolbox and select [PDF].

4.  In the [PDF] window, click the check box for "Display the Scanner Driver"

5.  Click [Apply] at the bottom of the window.

6.  Click the green [START] button on the [PDF] window. The ScanGear MF driver will open.

7.  Click the [Advanced Mode] tab.

Once [Advanced Mode] is open, you can adjust the brightness and contrast of a document by clicking on the [Brightness/Contrast] icon. The icon resembles a half-white, half-black sun. You may need to adjust these settings a few times to get the image quality that you prefer.

I hope this information is helpful to you.  Should you need further assistance, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements