cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Do I Restore The Default Language on the Display Panel?

NickT1023
Apprentice

I bought a Maxify MB2320 about 1 month ago, and this morning we had a lightning storm, not uncommon in Tampa, FL. Every electronic device in the house shutdown, but quickly restarted with no problem.... except for this printer.
The display screen, which is a touch screen control panel, is now displaying Japanese fonts. I've went to Canon's site looking to resolve the issue myself, but to no avail.I've also participated in an e-mail exchange with tech support (first level). Also, to no avail.

I'm thinking that the product may be lacking in adequate built in surge protection. I've got a number of high-end electronics in the house that don't have this problem with lightning storms. Yet, the Canon printer does.

There is very little English on the scren and what there is identifies the errr as being 6800.
Any suggestions wiil certainly be appreciated

Thanks!

Nick

3 REPLIES 3

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

http://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/ErrorCode/MB2300%20series/EN/ERR/6800.html

Leave it unplugged for about an hour. If I unplug electronics stuff to try and reset I always actuate the power switch before I plug back in just to try and discharge any capacitors.

It may be friedMan Sad

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

alexlmiller247
Apprentice

Any luck? Mine did the same thing a few days ago. Tried unplugging and and waiting, no luck.

DINPLANT
Apprentice
Announcements