cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HDD restore from Canon IRA 4235 to Canon IRA 4535i

hawks7447
Apprentice

I am having a little bit of an issue with transfering my HDD backup data from my canon 4235 to my Canon 4535i.  I have my previous data backed up on my computer and recently got a canon 4535i.  when i go to restore the data from my 4235 it will only recognize the advance box settings that is it.  

it will not recognize any of the list below and only says advance box 

Mail Box 
Memory RX Inbox 
Confidential Fax Inbox 
Form for Composition 

I am wondering does anyone know why this is?  have they made it so all of the listed data above is no longer recognizable from the 4200 on the 4500?  and only the advance box will be able to transfer over?  I store alot of things in my mailboxes and it would be so much simpler if i could import all of the data from the 4200 to the 4500.  

is there possibly something in the technical mode that i have to disable in order for it to recgonize all of the data again or did they simply make it impossible to transfer this data?  I can't see any reason why they would do this but to make people have an awful day when upgrading. 

any technical advice would be appreciated 

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

SamanthaW

Hello hawks7447!

Thanks for posting in the Canon Forums!

Canon does not provide direct support for imageRUNNER series products, but your dealer will be able to help you! If you don't have a dealer, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) and we will be happy to provide you with the names of dealers who are in your area!

hawks7447
Apprentice
That is part of the problem i have tried going through the dealer avenues and they all just say they dont know and that you cant transfer any hdd data to new generations and i have proved that is wrong that is why om trying to reach out here because it seems like no one wants to even help try to figure it out
Announcements