cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Cloud Print Communication Error

rawlmary
Apprentice

Hello,

I'm using the imageclass MF733dw.  Attempts to scan a document to my desktop generates "Google Cloud Print Communication Error".  Printing and copying functions are fine.  I have restarted both the desktop and the printer to no effect.

Scan function was operating just fine before lunch.

Please advise. Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I called right at 10 am Eastern this morning and got to an agent who solved the problem on my imageClass MF 269 dw printer.

Two main steps:

1. Menu
  2. System Management Settings
  3. Google Cloud Print Settings
  4. Enable Google Cloud Print
  5. Off

Then . . .

1. Menu
  3. Initialize All Data/Settings
  4. Yes
  5. Yes

The downside of part 2 here is that this is a reset of the printer, so you might lose all the data you stored in the printer/fax/etc. When completed, you will have to reset things like the language, time zone, and day/time on the printer. But this additional step was what was required to get the error light to stop blinking.

I hope this helps someone.

Tim

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

One would think Canon would release a firmware update that disables this Google Cloud Print thing to stop the error from displaying, like on my MFC644C.

But looks like we'll all have to disable it ourselves.

Thanks for the info, @dudintv

dudintv
Apprentice

1. Go to yours local "Remote UI: Portal" (in my local network it's http://192.168.1.108/portal_top.html)

2. Go to "Settings/Registration"

3. Go to "Network Settings"

4. Go to "Google Cloud Print Settings"

5. Just disable it. Because Google Cloud Print doesn't work anymore!

6. Restart your printer.

2021-04-07_11-11-39.png

On my Mac with the latest OS X, there is no network settings tab in the left column. I do not see Google Cloud Printing Settings under any of the available tabs.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

I tried the 800 number for the "award winning service." After 87 minutes on hold, I had to go pick up my kid. This is a disgrace.

Thanks,

Tim

I called right at 10 am Eastern this morning and got to an agent who solved the problem on my imageClass MF 269 dw printer.

Two main steps:

1. Menu
  3. Google Cloud Print Settings
  4. Enable Google Cloud Print
  5. Off

Then . . .

1. Menu
  3. Initialize All Data/Settings
  4. Yes
  5. Yes

The downside of part 2 here is that this is a reset of the printer, so you might lose all the data you stored in the printer/fax/etc. When completed, you will have to reset things like the language, time zone, and day/time on the printer. But this additional step was what was required to get the error light to stop blinking.

I hope this helps someone.

Tim

On my MF227dw -
While using the method from Babysneaks, above, (4-8-21), I discovered a way to initialize ONLY the Google Cloud Print Settings:
When doing Part 2, on Step 3 go instead to 'Initialize System Management (Settings).
In there, as Step 4, there's a choice for initializing just the 'Google Cloud Print Settings'. This saves you from losing all data & settings!
Cheers, David

Doesn't work with MF424dw, no google cloud print settings.

So I just did the 2nd part and it seems to work, no error now.

Announcements