cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF743cdw ADF won't sense paoer

WreckTangle
Apprentice

Having an issue with my MF743. When I place paper in the Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) and try to either copy or scan, nothing happens. There is no audible sound made to indicate that the printer senses paper is in the ADF.

More than likely, I think it would be a faulty sensor more than a firmware/software issue.

Any ideas on how to resolve this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

WreckTangle
Apprentice

Finally figured it out after taking apart the ADF to look at the internals. A cable was unplugged. Read below for further information:

The following parts below are what sense the paper and are what were unplugged. 

FLAG,SENSOR - Part # FE8-3448-000

PHOTO INTERRUPTER - Part # WG8-5935-000 IC

The cable connecting these sensors to the main board was unplugged because there is literally zero slack in the cable. The ADF literally lifts off the flat bed scanner glass, if you lift up on it because it is not secured to the top of the printer. 

In my opinion, this cannoin printer's issue simply boils down to poor product design because it's very easy to accidently lift the ADF off the printer if your moving the printer from one area to another.

Hope this helps someone in the future. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

WreckTangle
Apprentice

Finally figured it out after taking apart the ADF to look at the internals. A cable was unplugged. Read below for further information:

The following parts below are what sense the paper and are what were unplugged. 

FLAG,SENSOR - Part # FE8-3448-000

PHOTO INTERRUPTER - Part # WG8-5935-000 IC

The cable connecting these sensors to the main board was unplugged because there is literally zero slack in the cable. The ADF literally lifts off the flat bed scanner glass, if you lift up on it because it is not secured to the top of the printer. 

In my opinion, this cannoin printer's issue simply boils down to poor product design because it's very easy to accidently lift the ADF off the printer if your moving the printer from one area to another.

Hope this helps someone in the future. 

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements