cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GX7020 Print Head replacement

tahoesports
Apprentice

Anyone know where to actually find a replacement print head for the 6020/ 7020 series? Our printer stopped printing color completely, even after many deep cleanings, and now we are trying to replace the print head unit. Seems like Canon does not sell any products to support their devices?

3 REPLIES 3

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Tahoesports,

Before replacing the print head, you can try reseating the print heads using the stes in the link HERE. While reseating the print head, you can check the ink feeder lines that connect to the prit head to make sure they are not empty or if they have large gaps in them. If they do, you can try clearing the air from the lines by performing an ink flush

If the ink is still not getting to the paper, you can purchase a replacement print head from our sales team over the phone at 1-800-385-2155.

Could you repost the link for reseating the print head (the link in your message above never posted)? I own a GX7020, color is not printing, I suspect the nozzles are clogged, I've tried several time to clean and deep clean them and flush the ink, but no luck. The instructions on the Canon website for replacing the print head aren't working for me (the step that says "Hold the Stop button for 5 or more seconds" doesn't do anything/the notes screen never pops up).

Hello Jdsmith99,

You can use the link HERE to view the steps to reseat the print head or you can copy and paste the text below.

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART180544&cat=0608C&actp=LIST

If holding the stop button down for 5 seconds while at the home screen does not pull up the print head replacement notes, there might be a problem with the hardware. You can try unplugging the printer from the power and then pressing the power button 10 times while the printer is unplugged. After that, you can plug the printer into a different power source and you can try turning it on.

Announcements