cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error code B504 on Maxify MB5120

Mags2016
Apprentice

I replaced the yellow ink cartridge with the same brand ink I have always used and now I have an error code. B504. I manually removed the cartridge and wiped and checked for ink and reloaded and nothing. I restarted by unplugging power and connection and restarted. Nothing. Then I did a factory reset by holding stop button 2 seconds and start button 2 seconds and then pressed stop button 5 times while continuing to hold the start (on) button. Nothing changed. Maybe I need to reload drivers? I tried and process would not complete. Can anyone help? Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Mags2016,

If you are getting a B504 error, it would point to a problem with the ink loaded in the printer or a problem with the hardware. In this situation, you can try unplugging the printer from the power and then pressing the power button 10 times while the printer is unplugged. After that, you can plug the printer into a different power source and you can try turning it on. If that does not resolve the issue, you can try checking the tanks to make sure all of them are seated properly or you can try replacing any third party ink tanks to see if it is causing the issue. Third party tanks can cause problems with ink system causing the error to appear. You can view the service notice for the printer using the link HERE. 

If that does not resolve the issue, it looks like the printer would need service. You can contact our support team at 1-800-652-2666 or you can log into your MyCanon account to check for available service options.

I hope you can help with a problem I'm having with my Canon Maxify MB2150 printer. I recently bought it, and during the initial setup, it's been showing an error message with the code B504.

I've tried some basic troubleshooting steps, but the error hasn't gone away, and I can't use the printer. I've checked the cartridges, and they seem to be installed correctly.

Could you please provide some guidance on how to fix this error? I'd appreciate any help or suggestions you can offer.

Hi, dasha.

If you've followed Product Expert Hector's troubleshooting instructions above and are still having issues, you'll need to contact support. Your model isn't sold or supported by Canon USA, so you'll need to get in touch with Canon in your country or region by visiting https://canon.us/globalsupport 

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements