cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Entirely turning off FAX reception - MB5120

rbentonattdnet
Contributor

I have a separate FAX machine I use for receiving FAXes, which is connected to a local-calls-only line. I only plan to use this one, which is connected to an unlimited calling line, to send FAXes long distance. There'a an answering machine connected to the line this printer is on, and everything is fine so long as I let it take the call. But if I hear a message being left from a "real" caller (we don't answer calls from numbers we don't recognize), and pick up on an extension, sometimes the printer starts trying to do a FAX sync. So I want to totally turn off FAX receiving. Can I? The best I've found was to set the delay time to 60 seconds.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi rbentonattdnet,

There is no way to turn the fax reception completely off. If you are in fax only mode, you can try switching over TEL priority mode. Please click HERE and scroll down to About Receive Mode to see if this would work better for you.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi rbentonattdnet,

There is no way to turn the fax reception completely off. If you are in fax only mode, you can try switching over TEL priority mode. Please click HERE and scroll down to About Receive Mode to see if this would work better for you.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I've checked the "Solved" button, even though your response didn't really solve the issue. But I understand what you're saying, and setting the delay to 60 seconds seems to be long enough to eliminate the problem (so far). Thanks.

Announcements