Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Does anyone have a PowerShell script which change the paper source on a Canon Image Runner Advance?

I came across this Powershell script on the web, which does a good job of printing out PDFs:

Start-Process -FilePath "C:\Users\Test\Documents\Listing.pdf” –Verb Print -PassThru | %{sleep 10;$_} | kill
Start-Process -FilePath “C:\Users\Test\Documents\Scan0001.pdf” –Verb Print -PassThru | %{sleep 10;$_} | kill
Start-Process -FilePath “C:\Users\Test\Documents\Scan0004.pdf” –Verb Print -PassThru | %{sleep 10;$_} | kill

See: http://gregcaporale.wordpress.com/2012/01/18/powershell-to-print-files-automatically/ 

What I want to know is, does someone know how to write a Powershell script so that before printing out each PDF, a tab will be pulled from a separate paper source tray.  I need the Powershell script to

1. Set the paper source to tray 4 where the tabs are.

2. Print a one page PDF which just reads "Tab 1" or whatever, on the tab itself

3. Set the paper source to ray 1 where letter sized paper is.

4. Print a PDF of the document to go behind tab 1.

. . . and then repeat.

I am working with a Canon Image Runner Advance copier/printer into which tabs can be loaded. It includes an insert sheets setting in the properties, which allows a user to specify the pages where a tab or slip sheet should go.  But I don't want to deal with creating a very large PDF, and then identifying all of the pages where an insert should occur.