cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dell Win 10 Computer on local USB to printer cable to Canon MF644Cdw not recognized for Scan utility

BobK2
Apprentice

My Win 10 Dell Computer is plugged directly thru USB to my Canon MF644Cdw Aio printer.  All functions have previously worked, but now The scan utility loaded on the Computer does not recognize the printer. Says "printer cable is unplugged."

I have re-booted, unplugged and replugged the USB Printer cable in both printer and computer and re-booted.  no change.

Please Help.  Thank you,  BobK2.

1 REPLY 1

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Bobk2,

In this situation, you can try removing any connections from the computer and then disconnecting the USB cable. You can press the Windows key and the letter R key at the same time on your keyboard. In the run box that appears, you can type in control printers and click OK. In the window that comes up, you can right click on any connections that appear for the printer and select remove device. Once the cable has been removed, you can download and install the recommended drivers from the link provided HERE. Leave the USB cable disconnected until the install prompts the USB cable connection. Once the install is complete, you can try printing again to see if the issue has been resolved. If the setup does not see the connection or if you are still unable to print, I would suggest trying to connect using a different USB cable.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements