cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

***DOWNLOAD MODE*** Waiting - Frozen ImageClass D530 Printer

rmao
Apprentice

My ImageClass D530 cannot start. It shows "***DOWNLOAD MODE*** Waiting". If connected to computer then it becomes "***DOWNLOAD MODE*** USB Available". No key is functional. Power on/off many times could not solve the problem. Can anyone help me? Thanks.

10 REPLIES 10

James_C

Hi rmao 

The unit may just need to be reset in order to resolve this error.  Please unplug the power to the unit for10 minutes then plug it back in and power back on the machine.  Additionally, try plugging the unit directly into the wall outlet as opposed to a surge protector or power strip.

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

The printer still cannot leave the download mode whatever I tried.

James_C

Hi rmao,

The unit may just need to be reset in order to resolve this error.  Please unplug the power to the unit for a few minutes then plug it back in and power back on the imageCLASS D530.  Additionally, try plugging the unit directly into the wall outlet as opposed to a surge protector or power strip.

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

My ImageClass D530 was purchased more than 3 years ago, but the usage is very low. Even the starting cartridge is still in use. At first I turned it off when it was not in use. During the 1st year when it is covered by warranty, the 1st unit had the same problem - stuck in download mode during booting and frozen. At that time I called Canon Technical Support and got a free replacement unit. The 2nd unit had the same problem when it arrived. So I called Canon TS again and got another free replacement. The same problem happened after a few days usage of the 3rd unit. Later I used various tricks to get the 3rd unit booted up. Those tricks include quickly and sharply disconnect the power cord within 4 seconds after power on, and holding the “STOP” key while turn on the power, etc. Because the printer is so difficult to boot up, later I decided to leave the printer power on all the time. It functioned well in the next 1-2 years. It prints, scans, and copies, never had any problems. I even did not see an error code. However the recent power off in my area caused the printer shutting down. Now the printer cannot boot, always frozen in download mode. All the tricks from internet can no longer work.

In my previous experience of booting D530 up, at first I can always hear the sound of roller rotation, than if I can hear the high pitch sound (maybe scanner moving), the booting will be successful. If I cannot hear that high pitch sound, the printer will be frozen and stuck on download mode.

Because all three units have the same problem, I do not think it is worthwhile to waste more money to repair it. The fact that replacing units all had the same problem indicates that D530 cannot really be repaired. It must have some design problems.  I believe all D530 will end at the same destination eventually unless Canon can update its firmware.

vichaiw_t
Apprentice
Try to unplug the power cord for 5 min. Make sure that the power button is off. Unplug USB cable if you have one connect to printer. After 5 mins, plug the power cord back to the printer. Now hold on to number 1 and number 8 at the same time, keep holding both 1 and 8, and turn the power on. Hope that your printer come back to normal. I hope it work for you. Good luck!

my printer is imageclass MF4770n, I tried to use STOP key or #1&#8 two keys to hold and turn on the power, but none of them work to me.

thepunisher
Apprentice

I have found the fix? It required a FIRMWARE Update.

My issues is this I can't download the file even after registering the hardware.

Hi thepunisher.

Which version of Windows or macOS are you using? Also, is the printer connected to the computer while you are installing the drivers? Do you receive an error when the installation fails?

We look forward to your reply. If you need immediate assistance with this issue, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

I use windows 10, and my installation of the imageclass MF 4770n without any problem before for  a long time with the power on, however, I accidently turn off its power yesterday and It shows "***DOWNLOAD MODE*** Waiting". If connected to computer then it becomes "***DOWNLOAD MODE*** USB Available". No key is functional. Power on/off many times could not solve the problem. 

Announcements