cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could not perform correction -- message -- MF644Cdw

charliemullin
Apprentice

What does this message mean and why don't the functions work?

Could not perform correction

I get this message after running either of these functions:

Correct Print Color Mismatch

Auto Adjust Gradation

What is preventing these functions from working? (Does it simply mean there is nothing to correct?)

How can I fix the problem?

12 REPLIES 12

charliemullin
Apprentice

Here are the steps from the documentation to perform a Full Adjust:

Select <Menu> in the Home screen. Home Screen

Select <Adjustment/Maintenance>  <Adjust Image Quality>  <Auto Adjust Gradation>.

Select <Full Adjust>.

Check that the size and type of paper displayed on the screen is loaded in the machine, and select <OK>.

Confirm the procedure, and select <Start>.
An adjustment image is printed.

In Step 5, an adjustment image is supposed to print. But nothing is printed. Instead, the console says that It could not perform correction.

Does anyone know how to fix this? My black text is being printed in grey, which did NOT used to happen. The "grey" problem began after I had to initialize the machnie.

Is there some other setting I need to adjust?

I've tried everyting I could think of, except replacing the black cartridge, which still has 20%.

Any insight is most appreciated.

Audrey
Enthusiast

Hi,

Welcome to The Canon Forums!

Please remove and reset toner cartridges. If the message continues, please replace with Canon Genuine Toner Cartridges.

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I have the same issue and the phone support is impossible to reach.

Is there anything I can try to resolve this?

I got it.

You need to make suyre that your paper settings match the ones displaied duren the gradation adjustment screen prompt.

Select plain 1 in the paper settings basically

I know in my case this was the default setting and had never been changed. I suspect that was true for charliemullen as well. So this is irrelevant and does not respond to the problem.

This helped me run the adjustments. I went into the paper settings and unchecked all but the plain 1 paper and letter sizes. It's BS to have to do this, but it worked.

This information is invalid on two counts: first, you do not explain what you mean by "reset" for the cartridges and that is also not explained in the downloadable owners manual; and second, the link you gave for further help led to a general Canon sales page. I would have expected more from a designated "product expert".

happytwc
Apprentice

Agreed, the guidance is worthless. Canon, you can and should do MUCH better than this.

stoc951
Apprentice

I have the same problem.  Canon has replaced this printer 6 times and all eventually have this issue.  I usually get one to two months of use out of a printer before it starts printing faded and am unable to run the Correct color Mismatch or Auto Adjust Gradation.

I've always run genuine Canon toner cartridges.  I now have a large collection of toner cartridges that are included in about every third new printer I receive from Canon.

Latest drivers are installed.  Printer firmware is up to date.  We have been on the phone with tech support that we know by heart every troubleshooting step they ask us to go through.

I've always been a big fan of Canon printers and have had many over the years but this model leaves a lot to be desired.  I'm sure that Canon is aware of the problems as I've seen numerous posts around the internet about this issue,  I wish they would fix it.

Announcements