06-24-2017 08:50 PM
I have a Canon MF8580Cdw.
It is used on a wireless LAN network.
The computer it works with is an iMac.
The scan and print drivers are up to date for Mac OS 10.12.5.
The printer connects to the Lan network, and says "Connected" on its screen.
The computer says the computer is not connected for printing or scanning.
I've reset the modem and router, restarted the computer and printer, all multiple times.
The message "The printer is not connected" keeps showing up.
Can anyone help?
06-25-2017 07:43 AM
Since your Color imageCLASS MF8580Cdw says it is connected but your Mac computer says the printer is not connected, you need to confirm that the devices are on the same network. To check, see if you can open the Remote UI for your MF8580Cdw. To do this, obtain your printer's IP Address by pressing the Status Monitor button on your MF8580Cdw's operation panel then selecting 'Network Information' -> OK -> 'IPv4' -> OK -> 'IP Address' -> OK. Write down the IP Address. Next, open your Web Browser on your Mac computer, then type your printer's IP Address in the Address Bar (where you would usually type "www..."), and press Enter on your keyboard.
If you are able to open the Rempte UI for your MF8580Cdw, follow the steps below to delete then re-add the network printer to your Mac computer.
1. Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Printers & Scanners.
2. Select the printer in the list, then click Remove '-' (minus).
3. Press the '+' PLUS button to add the printer. A window will open to add the printer.
4. Click on 'IP Printer'.
5. Enter the IP Address from the User Data List that you printed earlier.
6. Ensure that the 'Protocol' is 'Line Printer Daemon-LPD' then click on 'Print using'.
7. If this pop-up menu doesn’t display the appropriate software for the printer, choose Select Printer Software, then select your printer (Canon MF8500 series) in the Printer Software list.
8. Click 'Add'. The printer is added to 'Printer List'.
If you need immediate assistance and you're in the USA, please click http://Canon.us/ContactCF for our US-based support. If you're outside of the US, please click http://Canon.us/4xf7 for support options.
Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.