cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Color imageCLASS MF731Cdw scanning problem

dlking58
Apprentice

I cannot scan from the control panel of the printer.  I have loaded the MF Scan Utility v 1700 but when I try to scan I get an error saying the utiity is not installed.  My computer is running Windows 10.

1 REPLY 1

Patrice
Whiz

Hi dlking58.

If the printer is connected to the network, please verify that the scanner is selected in the MF Network Scan Utility. Please view the steps below to check this information:

1. Click the [] icon on the system tray.

2. Select the check box for the scanner to be used, and then click [OK].

Up to 10 scanners can be registered.

If the error persists, it is recommended that you completely uninstall and reinstall the drivers and MF Scan Utility software. Please follow the steps below to perform this procedure:

1.  Open Control Panel > Choose View Devices and Printers.

2.  In the Devices and Printers window, right click on the MF730 Series and select 'Remove' to delete the printer.  Delete all of the icons for the MF731Cdw.

3.  Right-click the Start button and select Control Panel.  Choose 'Programs' -> 'Programs and Features'.

4.  Double click on Canon driver to uninstall.  Follow the on screen prompts.  Repeat for the MF Scan Utility.

5.  Restart your computer.

After your computer restarts, please click the link below to download and reinstall the MF733Cdw/MF731Cdw MF Drivers and MF Scan Utility:

MF731Cdw - Drivers & Downloads

One the drivers and software have been reinstalled, please try scanning again. If the error persists, please call our Enterprise & Desktop Solutions Divisions at 1-866-261-9362 or 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements