cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scanner not found by MF Toolbox

pigwheelin
Apprentice

I am officially stumped here...

I have an MF 4570dw that has always worked perfectly.  It is connected to my network via Ethernet and assigned a static IP address.  I have 4 computers on the network - 4 of them can print to the MF and only 3 of them can scan from it.

For the computer that will not scan:

• It's a win 10 x64 - computer is less than a year old
  • It worked just fine in the beginning, then a few months ago I would have to select the scanner everytime I opened MF toolbox.  You would have to hit the "settings" button, then just hit OK in order to access one of the 8 scan modes.  Not a big deal, but otherwise it worked fine.
  • Last week, I started getting an error message upon launching MF toolbox.
    • "A supported scanner is not installed.  Please install a supported scanner, and then restart Toolbox"
  • To fix the problem I have done the following:
    • Uninstalled all canon software, drivers and all instances of canon in my "devices and printers" and in my installed programs list.
    • Re-downloaded (same versions of software) from canon website.  Re-installed and rebooted inbetween each item in the following order
      • Drivers MF4570dwMFDriversV2055W64usEN
      • ToolBox_4911mf18_Win_EN
      • when the above 2 didn't work, I then installed MF4500wUSBScanPatchW64EN
      • Under Services, I stopped and then re-started Windows Image Acquisition.
    • I cannot find a windows update that co-insides with the start of this problem.
  • The scanner shows in the Device Manager
  • Windows fax and scan utility can access scanner
  • The other 3 computers can access scanner and vary between win7 and win10, all 64bit.

How can I get this PC to scan again?  Is there other software I can use?  I primarily scan documents using the feeder tray.

Thanks in advance,

Pigwheelin

1 REPLY 1

Patrice
Whiz

Hi pigwheelin.

I will be glad to assist you.

Since you are able to scan using the Windows Fax & Scan program, then there may be a conflict with the TWAIN driver.

Please follow the steps below to check for conflict:

1.  Open the [File Explorer] window and click [Computer].

2.  Double-click the [C://] drive.

3.  Double-click the [Windows] folder.

4.  Double-click the [TWAIN_32] folder.

5.  Drag all items, except for the MF4500 Series and WIA.DS file, to your desktop.

6.  Close the folder.

7.  Restart the computer.

After the computer is back on, please try scanning again. If the error persists, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), Monday - Friday, 10:00 AM - 6:30 PM EST.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements