cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Color imageCLASS MF634Cdw Connectivity Issues

ethancandy
Apprentice

Hi all,

The other day, files sent to my printer would get an error message in the queue, and wouldn't print. I didn't change any network settings, it started seemingly at random.

I removed the printer (Windows 10) and tried to reinstall it from the driver, but no matter what, the driver installation will not detect the printer on my network. I can, however, install it from the driver if I connect via direct connection. 

I have factory reset the printer, but this was not successful in fixing the issue.

Any ideas what to try?

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Find the printer's wireless adapter's MAC address.  Use that to reserve or assign it a static IP on your router.  Now connect the device manually to your wireless network.  Use the printer's control panel.  You can verify its connected by looking at your routers admin portal.  "Connected or attached" devices.

Now open a command prompt.  You should be able to PING the IP.  Next open a web browser and enter the printer's IP, you should see the printer's web server.

Things that might keep the printer from associating with your wireless network:

3rd party anti-virus or firewall

IPv6 if not supported by your ISP or router

Dual or Tri-band router configured to use the same SSID for all broadcasts

Once you have verified the printer is connected to your wireless network, you should be able to install the drivers. 

Canon Knowledge Base - Wireless Setup for the imageCLASS MF735Cdw, MF733Cdw, MF731Cdw, MF634Cdw, MF6...    

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Ethancandy,

If you are getting errors in the print queue and the Mac is unable to detect the printer, it looks like the printer has lost it's network connection. In this situation, I would suggest by trying to reconnect the printer by using the steps provided in the link HERE.

Once the printer has been connected to the network, you can verify the printer's ip address using the steps in the link HERE. Once you have the printer's ip address, you can open a web and clear the address bar. In the address bar, you can type in the printer's ipv4 ip address and then press enter. If you are able to get to the admin page for the printer, the computer should now have access to the printer over the network and you can try adding the printer back to your computer from printers and scanners.

If you are unable to get to the admin page for the printer, you can try unplugging the router from the power for 5 seconds and then plugging the router back in. Once the network is back up, make sure your mac has reconnected to your wireless network. You can try entering the ip address into your address bar to see if you can get to the admin page for the printer.

If you are still unable to add the printer to the Mac or get to the printer's admin page, I would suggest contacting our support team at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to assist with checking to see why the mac is unable to connect to the printer over the network.

Announcements